Welcome to my research world, where the exploration of language, technology, and education converge. As a researcher with a passion for linguistics, second language (L2) phonology, and computer-assisted language learning, my pursuits traverse diverse dimensions.
In the field of linguistics, my colleagues and I explore the intricacies of speech perception and production across diverse languages like Korean, English, Mandarin and French. Through rigorous experiments, we aim to gain profound insights into linguistic variation and the evolution of languages.
To enhance the effectiveness of L2 sound acquisition, I have designed web-based perceptual training programs specifically crafted to assist learners of Korean in mastering Korean vowels and consonants . My investigations extend further to assess the impact of these training programs on both perception and production accuracy of L2 phonemes.
Shaping the landscape of L2 learning, my research explores the power of artificial intelligence (AI) within the context of educational tools. By delving into the realms of L2 speaking and writing, I investigate the transformative potential of AI-driven instruments such as AI-assisted chatbots, AI-powered translators, and voice generators.
In the constantly evolving landscape of language education, my unwavering commitment is to advance and adapt my research to address the dynamic needs and challenges of the field. Beyond contributing to our understanding of these domains, I am actively engaged in delivering tangible solutions aimed at enriching the language learning experience for both learners and educators.
AI-assisted language tools in education
- Innovative approaches to language education using AI: The role of chatbots, translators, and voice generators.
- Conversing with technology: Exploring students’ perceptions of AI-Chatbots in Korean speaking practice
- Beyond the binary: Exploring native and non-native Korean perspectives on AI voice quality in language technology
- ChatGPT’s potential for foreign language learning: A student-centric evaluation of AI-assisted writing revision in advanced Korean classes
Web-based auditory training in L2 acquisition
L2 Pedagogy through project-based learning
- Project-based digital storytelling approach for improving oral and written proficiency in the Korean language
- Student work samples
- Project-based learning in Korean as a foreign language: A study on the production of book trailers and learners’ responses
- Student work samples
- Transcending educational boundaries: The impact of an online language and cultural exchange program among Generation Z learners of Korean
- See a newspaper